4.12 San Diego Slewage — WR LaVon Brazill


In the real world: Ohio University's career leader in receptions and receiving yards, Brazill was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in Round 6. Undersized at 5'10.5", 192, and while some reports claim he has blazing 4.3 speed, his official time of 40 time of 4.48 isn't fast enough to compensate for that lack of size. And the Colts already drafted a better slot receiver/kick returner in T.Y. Hilton (Round 3, 92nd pick).

In the TUFF world: Maybe it's because I wasted a 2nd-rounder two years ago on Brazill's predecessor at Ohio, Taylor Price. Maybe it's because the name reminds me of that hurdler the Bengals picked in 2006, Benny Brazell. But I could name two receivers I would easily have picked over Brazill:
  • Todd, you like Vikings so much, why not take Jarius Wright to handcuff to Greg Childs?
  • And as far as undersized slot receiver/kick returner types go, a number of different sources (USA Today, NFLDraftScout, Pro Football Weekly, National Football Post, Sports Illustrated, Scouts, Inc.) like Joe Adams (Panthers) even better.

1 comment:

  1. This was a TUFF pick. You eventually have to draw the line on how many Purple you want on your roster (although AZ taking Blair Walsh did piss me off) but I feel Wright won't "see the field" because of Harvin. Wright is the handcuff to Harvin, not Childs unless Percy goes up in a puff of smoke. :-) I like the Indy "do over" mode....Let Brazill learn from Reggie. I just hope I have room on my Purple roster to keep him.

    ReplyDelete